PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF from Frankfurt
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 11:44
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Whilst I agree with the general thrust of these comments, can I throw in one piece of contrary information which won't quit.

Rumours persist (and they're VERY strong from multiple sources) about the acquisition of new aircraft and not just to replace old capacity but to expand the network in a significant fashion. Some of the numbers being thrown around for promotions over the next 1-3 years are impressive and they are more than what would be thrown up by the acquisition of the A380! Sure, believe nothing until you see it in writing and the crews on the line (although surely the same logic applies to the rumours of us pulling out of FRA! ) but it would appear that we are shortly to go on a significant expansion of our operation.

Perhaps the 777-200LR with its long legs and good numbers may prove the vehicle to start to tackle some of those longer thinner routes. SYD- Vienna anyone?

I remain an optimist about the aircraft acquisitions as expansion flying and not continual turn over of the older aircraft. If we're pulling out of FRA then it is my hope (although I hold no confidence in this hope) that it is because we are trying to hold SIA out of the Pacific by adding capacity there and that when new aircraft arrive early next year that we will again return to Frankfurt, Paris, Rome, SFO, VVR, etc, etc, etc.

Dreams are free.