PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life in BA as a new, low-houred FO.
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 09:11
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eyeinthesky

Very good post with much to learn by all, but you have made the same wrong assumption as reheat and studi.

I am not jealous of cadets never have been or ever will be. In fact if you read one of my post somewhile back i said that i have an admiration for them for getting through the system.

What hacked me off was "some" who appeared to not realise what a unique opportunity they had been given and yes GE GIVEN and do nothing but moan without wanting to give up the "cushy" job (please note that cushy meant in comparison to other less secure and renumerated jobs).

I am not trying to say that just because i have spent a small fortune or that i started on TP that i have the moral high ground as you quite rightly pointed out we all went through the same exams blood sweat and tears. But GE et al cant quite seem to understand that some paid more than others.

You passed a selection course turned up on a monday and started flying then "eventually" got a job as you put it flying a 50t jet. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as it gave many people who were not as financially lucky as me a chance to kiss the sky four times a day.

As you said you were lucky and from your post i truly believe that you know it and appreciate what you have achieved.

But your comment about arrogance is a touch un called for. I never at any point in my posts intimated that because i fly a TP that i am somehow better even though im glad i started on one because it has given me a different insight to the business and that will prove useful when i move onto your 50t jets.

BTW i was either too old too young or already on a course when BA were recruiting cadets so yes i would have done it that way and save myself a heap of cash and yes i would have jumped at it.

GE

You still have yet to say anything in terms of what you like about the job. All you have brought to this thread is problems and no solutions.

If you really are that unhappy and from your own posting a target of, as eyeinthesky puts it "some bad chi" move on or is BA really not that bad in comparison to other airlines.

I like you have much to complain about the daily crap that my company puts us through which detracts from the beauty of flying but i keep it to myself and remember that the glass is always half full and about to be filled up so my cup runneth over.

Wobbler

I love working for BA
An even better post and im glad that you are and i hope to soon.

Good luck one and all