PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barton Happening.................
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2005, 19:03
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is still GA at Woodvale, however, it is private, no training allowed. Furthermore, we are talking about GA in the Manchester area here, and although I fly from Liverpool, the road links mean only another 20 minutes further on from Barton, in relation to where I live. Woodvale, however is nearly a 2 hour drive for me, as is Sleap, and this would be the same for most guys in this area.

This is starting to get silly, how many GA fields are there in the Manchester conurbation area, compared to down south?

Although not a fan of Barton, (Don't like the idea of grass on a wet day) I would not want to see it go. My thoughts being, go for a day out, and on return find Liverpool closed for whatever reason. Where can I go??

Sleap is that far out, my freinds in a car will never find me. Blackpool is over an hour away, if they let you in without damaging your wallet of course (See the latest Flyer Mag) or Barton.

Barton wins every time, not too far from Home, everyone knows here it is etc etc.

The mighty Peel cannot be allowed to carry on as they have been doing. Why don't they, and here's a novel idea, develop the site into a small sized regional airport. Tarmac runways, terminals that sort of thing. Only a 5 minute ride into the city, on top of the motorway network. The business flyers will love it. Or am I being silly????