PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you be tempted to go out with a pilot?
Old 7th Feb 2005, 17:44
Omaha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funnily enough a friend of mine is the daughter of a retired 747 captain. She recently admitted she was never attracted to pilots because of the hours they work. Her replies to all the "Wow, so your father is/was a 747 captain" was met with equal sceptism. Turns out she was jealous of all her friends dads when she was growing up cause they worked regular hours and came home for tea. At one stage she wanted to be a pilot but when she saw the stresses of the job her father was subject to she changed her mind, none of her large family became pilots or are even remotely involved with aviation. Wonder what that says. I find that attitude common among pilots children from the bit I've experienced.

As far myself couldn't care less about their high flying occupation though I believe pilots marriages eh haven't got the best record for success by far. If the're a nice person that's what matters, mind you I wouldn't exactly be attracted to a bin man so I suppose occupation does matter to an extent.