PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Notification
Thread: EK Notification
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2005, 14:50
CptKavla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Badda Bing,
all I can say is that if you realy have good friends on the inside and if they realy like you, and want what is good for you, they will tell recruitment that you are totaly inept and make sure you are not recruited. In the long run, and even in the short term you will be better off staying were you are. I also came here and expected a great experience but instead I got to fly for Emirates.... What is consistent though within the airline is the new corporate marketing logo.... "Keep Discovering". You definetely are in for discoveries but unfurtunately they are not like the glossy pictures on the walls. You are completely on your own when things do not go as planned in all departments. Emirates is like all of Dubai in respect to after sales service, there is none since it is run by Subcontinent employees for Subcontinet consumers.... with Subcontinent expections and Subcontinent understanding. (I know I am politicaly incorrect but some times you have to call a spade a spade....)
As "Check Six" said great people to work with, good fun on the line (Maybe you can get lucky and get the cabin crew to come out and socialize, since most stay in their rooms to save their money, but hey EK management are about to introduce a new per diem system like the airlines in the former Soviet block with meal vouchers so the good thing of this new system might be that since no money can be taken back home we will all meet for a pint in the bar....) The aircraft are almost new so good fun there, you might get to fly the airbus and if you are as good as I am you will fly it in managed mode so that you do not get confused with the French version of aviation...
The Boeing Fleet is also good fun, though most of our real aviators are on that fleet.....
Emirates is going towards JAR OPS certification and though we cannot implement the FTLs or other aspects of JAR OPS right now since that would require additional pilots we have started with a JAA compliance look (Just Another Airline) to get people in the swing of things...
The two things I can quote to you come from the Book "All I realy need to know I learnt in Kindergarden" and the song "Sunscrean" "All that shines is not Gold, and the only realy good advice that I can give you is wear sunscrean"
So if you still want to join the award winning airline with the award winning service do not say that you have not been warned by those on the inside.
We all live here with the belief that one day soon things will get better and that management will understand what they are doing wrong and compensate us for what we are realy worth. Generaly people already here see Emirates for what it is but still expect to be treated for what it should be..... and are disapointed everytime they get what is coming and not what we diserve....
Cpt Kavla out
PS Some are talking about a 20% increase in salary,..... well if it does happen I would definetely welcome it, as that might start putting things on par with other airlines around the world but that will be the day Santa Claus comes and visits us in Dubai....