PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus at FlyBE
Thread: Exodus at FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2005, 12:46
beauport potato man

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Maude Charlee,

that was a slightly ignorant comment regarding the situation here.

Firstly as 80ktsboth points out - this is a rule set by the Jersey States and has been in place for along time. Flybe isn't the only company to comply to it. Also it only gives us the OPPORTUNITY of a job, and no guarantee of it. They don't dish out type ratings and free sim passes on the strength of a Jersey Residency.

And secondly why should we put up and shut up, when as loyal company employees - we see others getting treated more favourably?

You know what this industry is like - getting in through the residency back door - if that's what you want to call it - is just one example of how "unfair" the playing field is.

I have a friend with 2,200 hours on the dash 8, who was turned down for an interview with GB because of his lack of experience. Someone i know not far from here got in with 800 hours on a far more inferior turbo-prop coz daddy knew someone in the company.

That sound fair to you too? No different to the "jersey" situation - and i bet you it happens a hell of a lot more.

Ask yourself how many people here have benefitted from this Jersey "loophole" and how many have usurped the system through mates/daddy's friends etc.

Way more.......

Now THATS interesting.