PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows not booting
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2005, 03:34
Oggin Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toxteth

Thx for the advice - tried that no joy - ran chkdsk which wouldnt work said large errors on drive or something.

Then went into BIOS - hardrive not being detected - unplugged everything to see if it was the PSU on the blink, tried again no joy (but no diagnosis on the PSU). So really frustrated now.

How can I check that the PSU is working when I cant boot into Win - the details in the BIOS show very similar core values to those required.

HDD is 2 120GB Seagate Barracuda in RAID 0

At one point I have reset defaults in BIOS, then at another I have flashed it to a later version. If after doing all this is there something I need to do to get the BIOS to see the HDD or the RAID stuff - I dont know much about this.

If the HDD are duff, how easy is it just to replace them (in RAID 0), format, partition then install the OS again? Or is there something else I can do before having to hand it over to a repairman?

cheers

Oggin

Edit to say tried Win XP reinstall again and now the stup program says there are no hard drives installed - even though the whole system was up and running fine yesterday.

Last edited by Oggin Aviator; 7th Feb 2005 at 04:43.