PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herc Down (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 19:27
albert the first

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked with a few of the guys on board and this is a terrible loss. It is really hard to know what to write (one of the reasons I have put it off for so long) but what I do know is that I keep getting images of the ones I did know in my head and ever time I do I smile, so that has got to be a good thing.

I find it hard to believe that I not going to get off a frame and see Bob or Richie standing there, with a smile, waiting for me. Likewise walk into the sqn and see Gary saying something funny nor see Smudge and banter him. Or see any of them just walking around or down route somewhere.

I went to church today in the village and it was really sad, and I know this is only the start of it. It was a low key but approprite service and it has started to bring home to me that they have really gone.

My prays are with the families at this time, my sadness can only be a fraction of what they are feeling. I just hope that the sentiments expressed on this forum and good wishes from the people here at lyneham and the wider community help in some way with the grieving process.

RIP