PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA reply to PPRuNe email re TVL.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 13:53
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mainframe

I dont think that Sunfish imagines for one moment that the "wrongs" were "imaginary".

I suspect that he has a fine understanding of the way that the real world works in the realpolitik solution of these matters.

There will be no heads on pikes at the entrance to the castle, but there will be a quiet sorting out.

There will be no "retribution" but there will be a quiet sorting out.

There will be no "vengeance", for whatever that is worth, but there will be a quiet sorting out.

Quietly and properly, the villains in whatever form will be rooted out.,
There is due process and there is the requirement for proper form. If this is not followed then the pus and pain just gets worse.

I think it is time we trust those who have the responsibility, to act responsibly.

Mr Phelan takes me to task in regard to my "two wrongs don't make a right" comment, I would have a great deal more respect for his journalistic integrity if he were to have quoted me in context, (see my post) rather than cherry pick it for effect.
His comment in entriely in keeping with the tenor of the rest of his post

It would be difficult to argue against his sentiments in the opening paragraph of his post in regard to actions past.

They are, however in the past and I must fully concur with Mr. Sunfish's wise conclusions.
I will try again. I will bet that the imaginary behaviour that didn't exist will never happen again. If it did, then it might be punished by real and not imaginary action.

With the greatest of respect, I think that those of you who expect vengeance for imaginary wrongs are not going to be satisfied.
As a journalist he should understand better than most, that the posture of the language and rhetoric still being used by those who have lost control of "their agenda" because something is actually happening with which they agree and against which they can no longer rail and bluster, is too familiar and becoming rather threadbare and tired.

Neither is it particularly dignified nor even true for them to claim that “our salvation” and the "changes" taking place are a direct result of “their” actions. Somewhat demeaning and patronising of BB and BG I would have thought.

We must move on, we cannot change the past we can only ensure, as far as it is possible that it cannot and will not occur again.

Heads on pikes??? might satisfy the punters but without a fundamental change in attitude what would be achieved?