PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 09:04
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I will echo what has been said - I really cant remember how many hours I had done without looking at my logbook, but it was about average. I was happy with the progress I was making, but was having a lot of bad luck with the weather. My instructor then told me I should have gone an hour or two earlier, but cos of the weather, they had to be dual - even my first solo was on a misty day with bad visibility, I could only just see the runway!

There was a girl who went first solo on one of the days I was flying, and she had completed 70 hours! For one reason or another she just couldn't get ready - but the thing is, she carried on and I admire her greatly for having such determination.

Your instructor will probably hate the kind of questions like:

"When can I go solo, when can I go solo" because the simple answer is "when you are ready". You will turn up for circuits one day and you wont even know when your gonna go - he should spring it on you (what a wonderfully strange experience that is).

Best of luck, and I am sure when you have done your first solo you will come back in here and tell us all about it!

Lee