PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 08:09
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems I'm not going to get the chance to grow old, gracefully, PoD - not that at times I don't wish it could be so.
But we travel this way only once, so it might as well be an interesting journey!!
And "No" I have no intention of trying to "colonialise" Japan - I have my OWN country, of which I am proud.
Japan has some beautiful areas, but unfortunately it is - in the words of a colleague of mine - like one big factory....full of smoke stacks, smog, and pollution around the major city areas.

Yes, you're quite right, JJ - NOTHING in Japan happens that quickly. This is obviously a strategy that the Government has had in the pipeline for several years at least. I liked this bit,
The ministry started soliciting public opinion on the plan on its website from Wednesday and will finalise the policy by the end of March.
Still there are LOTS of pilots - such as myself - who aspire(d) to living and working here, to whom this article might give some ray of hope.
Perhaps if it becomes OFFICIAL Government policy, some of the aggression from some sections of airline management, experienced by some to date might be forced beneath the surface for a while!

But as the ancient samurai said, "Money talks, bs walks!!"