PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herc Down (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2005, 23:50
Milt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who went down in the Herc. They made the ultimate sacrifice for us who survive. They all knew the risks they were taking and willingly put their lives on the line.

Why?

Having too often been in similar situations myself and having been fortunate enough to have come out the other side I have had to question myself as to why I did it?

Why did I carry on after losing so many close friends around me in mortal combat?

The bottom line answer to that question for me is - "To preserve OUR way of life for those we leave behind."

So thank those guys from the bottom of your hearts. They did it for you.

The odds were small for the downing of a Herc. They were in essential support of those at the sharp end all doing their best to eliminate the continuing threats to us from Al Qaeda and other nasties. If that Herc was not fitted with state of the art protection then protest any which way you can so that others doing their duties can have shorter odds.

Now give some thanks also to all of those others making the ultimate sacrifices for you.

My ANZAC days are very emotional when especially "We Shall Remember Them".

Last edited by Milt; 6th Feb 2005 at 02:26.