PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - have we got our head's completely up our xxxe's?
Old 5th Apr 2001, 21:07
fill-your-boots

Well at least some people are alive out there.

Granny;
I am well aware of the problem of having a legal dispute with our employers as opposed to our future ones. Without doubt the unions and Blair/2 Jags does as well so the whole consultative ballot was only so much hot air.

Point taken that we still have the 'ace' up our sleaves but at what point do we finally use it? Surely nothing as threatening has ever happened to CAA/NATS before - when do we finally act?
You make the point that it would be a bad thing to start off with very poor industrial relations with our new lords and masters, in theory I agree but would you have said the same thing if it had been Serco?
The main topic of PPP related conversation in our rest room has been whether or not we might get airline 'friends and familly' deals. I am not union bashing I am EVERYONE bashing, we will end up with the system we deserve.

Wheelybin;
If by 'fair and equitable share' you mean the share handout WAKE-UP. This has from Day 1 been an attempt at a hollow bribe probably to weaken any attempt at industrial action, (I can just visualise 2 Jags on the news saying how generous the government have been giving all these shares to staff) but they are almost completely worthless. Since we are not going to be floated on the open stock-market (not yet anyway) we are only going to be able to sell them to each other or back to 2 Jags - unless your Visa is totally out of control forget it!

------------------
cleared-to-go. what slot time?