PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - have we got our head's completely up our xxxe's?
Old 4th Apr 2001, 12:00
WebCreator

As an active campaigner against both PPP and Serco I too am amazed that in certain quarters the conversation has turned from "anti-this and that" to "what's in it for me?" That said, I absolutely agree with Granny in that you have a trump card yet to be played; a new strategic partner that has not only publicly voiced it's "not-for-profit" motives but that also has a considerable interest in maintaining the status quo. I think there is considerable relief that you are not to become part of Serco (from all areas)but there remains a degree of cynicism which is healthy. Not everything in the ALG garden will be rosy, but that's why you have the PCS and IPMS. Remain cynical, question everything, ask not what you can do for the ALG but what they can do for you and carry on the game, one move at a time. If anything, PPP was inevitable, what isn't inevitable is how it will now manifest itself day to day, one could argue that it is now that the work begins.