PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus at FlyBE
Thread: Exodus at FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2005, 12:31
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said BPM!

Notac - as far as flights still departing on time... seems that rostering can't actually cover the March schedule because of lack of crews. Flights will be cancelled. Not too sure the shareholders will appreciate that when the find out the situation could have been resolved a long time ago, with decent rosters and the pay-rises asked for.

As far as it being a 'pretty jammy deal' - well considering that up until now FlyBE were one of the few who offered jobs without cash upfront, and looking at what you'd have to pay to go to Ryan etc etc, I'd say it's not bad. If they do ever replace the 146 with a different type (not including the RJ of which they've just got 6), you can be almost guaranteed that the 146 crew will all refuse as a whole to be re-bonded onto a new type. As it would not be perosnal choice to go on it, and would require a whole fleet change, I'm pretty sure that, like the CRJ lot who came onto the dash (I think.... could be wrong) they wouldn't be bonded....

AS far as the back-dated salary goes.. that's not been guaranteed yet. But don't forget - you are also talking about FO's missing out on those magical jet hours. Worling out of SOU and EXT over the summer - guaranteed a good 400!