PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton permanently closes the passenger drop off area.
Old 4th Feb 2005, 09:13
kala87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I came to the conclusion years ago that anything to do with car parking, road design and road signs in the UK was probably invented by aliens on a bad day.

I think they must have a conspiracy to make using airports as unpleasant as possible. Of course, we should also be made to suffer for not choosing to use public transport to reach the airport.

After all, the main purpose of an airport is to turn it into a kind of expensive Tesco's so the punters can be parted from lots of their holiday money before even getting off the ground. Car parking? Nah! Bleed them dry, hard luck about the potholes. Your 84 year old parents have to be unloaded as close as possible to the terminal at 5 am on a cold rainy morning? Make them walk! Of course we have wheelchairs so you can have fun pushing them into potholes and negotiating pavement edges, and avoiding kamikaze drivers trying to find a space in the car park.

I was hoping that the new airport owners might inject the place with some imaginative Spanish design, rather like Mahon Airport, where the ground facilities and parking are a pleasure to use, but apparently not yet....