PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herc Down (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2005, 02:53
What y'need is a saw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the families:

Words never seem to be enough, but sympathies to all - such a terrible loss.

To Steady:

Will miss you, chaffhead, you were perhaps the rudest kid I knew but undoubtedly with a heart of pure gold and a manor that never really offended. The finest pilot bar none.

Stay safe at your new cruising Alt and perhaps we'll all meet up someday. Don't worry for M and the girls, it's a matter of honour now.

We'll never forget those dets - when it was always fun, so I'll be having that glass of chardonnay and thinking about you as the sun sets over Vegas.....
......Not sure we'll crack 11 bottles this time tho'

To the boys of 179:

Proud to have known and operated with some of you, feel sure the rest were equally as sound. God speed.

To the politicians (and I know this is not a time to feel bitterness, but):

Maybe the time has come to rethink your attitudes towards those personnel within our Armed Forces whose proffesionalism, committment and clarity of action provides you with your overseas victories.

The job we will always do without question, the lack of adequate kit - we cope with, the limiting ROE - we adapt to, even the constant downsizing - we attempt to rationalise.

But I find sickening, the sanctimonius and tastelessly phoney way in which you choose to mention those who have answered your call to freedom by paying the ultimate sacrifice, and particularly the burden that their families suffer ever after.

Perhaps some detailed research into the type of people they were may provide you with a clear definition of true 'moral backbone'.

Take a lesson from the likes of HRH Princess Anne, who at least met the situation with a dignified and heartfelt responce.

To 47 Sqn, Particularly the Flt:

The job you continue to carry out does make a difference, it's just that sometimes the price is far too high. So very sorry for your loss, but remember that the Flt will prevail. Walk tall fellas and long live the Fox