PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Centralised Engineering At Lyneham
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 20:51
SirPeterHardingsLovechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there's a VSA going on right now. This has to take place after an RIE.......okay I'll try and translate, but it might be a bit innaccurate because all I could hear was 'Blah blah blah'.

RIE (Rapid Improvement Event)
To have a brainstorming session with all the motivated youngsters with clipboards, dry marker pens and post it notes. Then, do it, straightaway.

Unfortunately, when you asked the Flt Sgt for people for this 'Lean Team', he gave you the sick notes, freaks and mentalists. And by rushing the job, without consulting the SNCO's, a botch job has been done, and it will have to be done again. The Lean Team are also under pressure to come up with more good ideas and end up producing really **** ones, bypassing many checks and balances that are in place for a reason.

VSA (Value Stream Analysis)
Something to do with checking the results of the changes that have been made

Now, this is more interesting, there are SNCO's a plenty involved here - a chance to show their balls. But this also involves a lot of people having meetings and carrying clipboards.

My spy in the camp informs me that it took 20 people all of Monday morning to decide that:-

a) Engineering Wing's task was to provide serviceable aircraft, in the correct role, to the customer.
b) It was lunchtime

This, to me, seems to be the chance to highlight any mistakes that have been made.

But bring the frightening prospect of changing it all around again.

I think I'll put some leave in.