PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi Jack This For Dummies
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 20:37
Sky_Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Choice Binos,
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1D7E3B41-23CE-469B-BE1B-A64B877923E1} - (no file) is a bad one. From my new experiences, I hope i'm right in saying it is a certified spyware browser helper object (BHO)

Regards S.C.

E-Liam, Three questions if I may.
When you said I could "bugger up programs if you delete critical files from them", would the mistake be easily noticable? Or is it a case of it may or may not affect a programme in a bad way? Also is it an easy thing to restore a file from Config | Backups in HJT?

Also, using castlecops to decipher 04 entries, what part of a record exactly do you type in on the search line? Deep C mentioned in another post about an 04 entry of "CWINDOWS\SYSTEM\FLBRGY.EXE" being one to fix, but I can't seem to find an answer for this with Castlecops, where am i going wrong?

One other question if you have time, you've mentioned to others about running in safe mode, and finding certain folders and either deleting the entire folder or just it contents, where do you come up with the info to tell you where to find these folders and what exactly to do with them

I'm glad I asked this question about learning HJT
It sure aint easy

Take Care

S.C.

Last edited by Sky_Captain; 3rd Feb 2005 at 21:07.