PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi Jack This For Dummies
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 19:04
E-Liam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few to answer..

Hi FBW

Thanks, if I know something, and can pass it on, I will.

Hi SC,
will there be any serious repecussions to a system if the wrong line is checked for fixing?...

...but I'd just like to know what happens if you make the wrong choice, can it affect your OS?
If you are just fixing an entry, and then deleting the offending file, then no. You can though, bugger up programs if you delete critical files from them. This is easily enough fixed by using the backup facility in HJT. You'll notice in my starting C&Ps..
, and place it in it’s own folder, (not in the temp folder, or on the desktop)
and
The first thing you need to do, is to place Hijack This in it’s own folder (e.g. CHJT\….) so it can generate backup files to the same folder; needed should an entry be accidentally deleted.
..that I ask, both on getting HJT downloaded, and also, if not already done on posting, to do the above. If it all goes to hell in a handbasket, then it's just a case [in HJT] of clicking on Config | Backups and restoring each entry individually (has to be done before you delete the offending file from the machine of course).

Binos,

Yup.. winstat.exe is a baddie.

and again..

I'm just off out, but will check the log properly later on. As far as Search Relevancy goes though, right again, a baddie; part of Blazefind.

Cheers

Liam