PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax relief on training.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 17:16
atyourcervix73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Father Murray....as a FRESHLY qualified captain......who 4 years ago was scratching around in 152's, and anything else with wings that I could fly, Im afraid your response typifies the "I want it all now!" culture. Dont think for one second that I dont know how it feels to be a wannabe, I had 5 years of it!
Regardless of whether you are 20 something, or the wrong side of 30 (like I am) the simple fact of the matter is this, you pay for your type, your going to be paying for line training, then dont be surprised if you have to pay for LST's, recurrency, and anything else an airline that can see how desperate you are to part with your money will find they can squeeze out of you.
As for how it affects my terms and conditions, that will be negligable, the only person you will penalise is yourself and those in a similar position to yourself, you will be saddled with more debt, a lower salary oh and lest I forget the on-going costs of training. Father Murray, you are the ruination of this industry(along with plenty of other sheep) who if they used a little more common sense, a lot less impatience and foolishness, would in all probabilty get a decent flying job, without having to outlay a penny.
One last thing, if your paying for a type rating, you havent exhausted every trick in the book, all your doing is throwing money at the problem.