PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (General & UK)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2005, 07:37
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots trained in the US tend not to get a grasp on strong crosswind landings, changeable environments and a million ATC frequency changes...more importantly, employers know this.
What a load of rubbish

Try landing on 25 when the afternoon sea breeze kicks in at 15 knots from 160° and ATC are reluctant to change runways.....and this is in California!

Try flying in the LA Basin and tell me that ATC is not as busy as in the UK....In my experience it is the opposite.

I have also never come across any mountains / desert to negotiate in the UK......

For hour building the USA does look attractive, even though they have an Idiot in power over there. The aircraft rates are cheap, the dollar is weak compared to the pound, transatlantic flights are cheap, and cost of living is cheap.......

South Africa is a beautiful country, with fantastic scenery and beaches. I would like to fly there, but unfortunately I'd have to take a PPL flight test to be able to.

Canada would be brilliant. Not sure on the rates, or whether they would accept a foreign PPL without a flight test, but it would be great fun. My plan would be to rent an N reg in the USA, then cross the boarder and fly around Canada.....

Good luck!