PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash Scotland: Pilot prosecuted. VERDICT
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 22:24
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VeeAny

Ooops! My comment was meant as a joke, because he's a friend and I know he's a Rotorheads man.
I agree he's an excellent and very experienced pilot (mil and commercial. I did my Gazelle conversion with him, and do the renewals. He's a talented instructor.

kissmysquirrel

Passed your PPL on your first attempt, eh?
I thought everyone passed first time because instructors don't put students up for test until they're more than ready for it.
Does anyone actually fail a PPL test?

TC
Why would Al look a chump if the pilot is convicted?
If, and I emphasise IF, the pilot did something out of character (as Al knows his character) on the day, then it doesn't reflect on Al who's only spoken as he's found.
As for flying low over water, he's given his opinion. Some will agree with him, and some won't - as we've seen countless times in discussions about arguably risky/dangerous flying on this forum.
I suspect the Defence were forced to deal with that allegation because the Prosecution put it in evidence - even though the accident appears to have been a wire-strike. (I say 'appears' only because it looks that way from the very little I've read - I haven't read the AAIB report.)

Know where your money lies?
You haven't 'gone native' with the Heddlu have you?

Tudor

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 2nd Feb 2005 at 22:39.