PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Stuff! Help needed!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 17:48
carbonfibre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR Stuff

OK

Heres my experience. Go for the duchess makes the workload a lot easier than a seneca yes i have flown both also a seminole which is ok too, the duchess is a good instrument platform, flies and handles like a single, lands like one too and best of all no nasty suprises. Usually they sell the seneca with the de-ice ability but having flown them both i have rarely come across anything that bad in the uk at the moment to warrant it, usually down and warmer by the time its anything significant.

I completed my MEP on a seneca and CAT3 is correct is an art form to get a good landing everytime, my advice is the duchess, no turbos and stuff to monitor, friendlier on the old engine failure and a much more forgiving aircraft.

The FNPT11 is a good instrument procedures trainer but be sure you get in one thats identical in layout to the aircraft, the only 2 that i currently know fit that bill are at PAT and BFC, people can correct me if im wrong, but these goes someway to making the transition to flight easier, then all you have to worry about is the weather!!!

Whatever you do visit the schools you like and check them out, better still ask to sit in the back of an IR flight as most will, see for yourself

Good luck