PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rossair
Thread: Rossair
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 15:32
maxrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rossair - GOTO Plan B

As numerous persons predicted a while ago it now appears that some sort of plan B is being implimented iro Rossair.

While Rossair Charter is apparently continuing as before, the Qwila Air (?) rumor appears to be manifesting itself, a whole lot of Rossair contracts pilots ( C.P. included) seem to be slipping neatly into the Qwila air fold as well as Rossair aircraft and contracts.

So could one conclude that for all intents and purposes, Rossair Contracts = Qwila Air at the moment ?

The owner of Qwila who is actually the former chief pilot of Rossair from (circa 4 years ago) , and the current 2 i.c. of Rossair are known to be good mates and hopefully things will work out well under this new arrangement and indeed given that the owner of Qwila air will not have to divert millions of rand a month to support an unprofitable operation in Europe like the previous Rossair ceo did, things have every reason to go well.

I think there is a quiet irony in the fact that the former Rossair CP who left the company after clashing with the then CEO, now ends up bailing the company out of trouble if not actually taking over the whole operation.

I'm sure that the former Rossair Chairman , who so magnificintly ran the company into the ground, and now residing in Holland, will choke on his Amstel when he hears whats happend !!!