PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAAC Interview (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 14:17
Flying Wigster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm writing this on notepad first this time, I hate getting bounced when I've finished writing a reply (I'm just too slow a typist).

EAAC is a very friendly interview, they have a good group dynamic, which the other interviewees agree with. There is three of them and it lasts about an hour, it is usually the head of training, the head of simulators and a human resources person. They chat to you and each other as if it is a discussion rather than the normal interogation, so they ellicit alot out of you.

The pilots asked questions like why did you get into flying, what did you think of your training school, what do you fly at the moment, what would you do if a Captain was ignoring SOPs, what would you do if you reported for duty and you smelt alchohol on the Captains breath.

The HR asked what hobbies do you have, describe a nice day you had recently, what does the company do (ACMI, charter and VIP), what bases and aircraft does the company have, who owns the company (Paul Stoddard).

You are told at the end of the interview wether they wish to see you for a sim assessment.

The sim assessment may be on the same day or within a few days, I did mine with three others as it was a sim only day, the others confirmed much of what I said about the interview and hours ranged between 800-2400, all instructors. You start off with a briefing on the B727 and what is to be flown, ask questions if you don't understand. The sim itself was one Captain in the left-hand seat and one operating the sim. There was a SID and initial climb with a some turns, two steep turns 45 degrees AOB, turns onto headings whilst descending to heights, then a STAR followed by an ILS where the Captain takes over for the landing. This was done at Luton but I was told they use a few airports.

Good Luck to you all