PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATL refuses to accomodate A380
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 14:00
panda-k-bear
Bear Behind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huck, I couldn't agree more. Certain of your countrymen on here lay themselves open to it. But much as I deride Grandpa for his anti-Americanism and pro-European standpoint, I have to put the shoe on the other foot and defend the Europeans from the Americans from time to time.

I love the States, I love the people, but at the moment I despair of the politics - and that goes for my own home nation too.

And I meant "Cousin" in the most endearing way - I hope it didn't come across as sarcasm. The U.S. is inextricably linked to the U.K. in just about every way as far as I'm concerned, hence my affinity. I just thoguht ManagedNav's comments were crass and uncalled for. Certain of that applies to some of Wino's posts as well.

Like I said, my tourist Dollars are almost exclusively spent in your fine country, but my business Euros are spent on this side of the pond.

As Pontious said, about 50% of the A380 airframe is bad for the U.S. Every other single thing is pretty much good (except for the oil companies, I suppose, but then we all just love them so much, don't we?)