PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City - Traffic Flow
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2001, 00:09
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for some helpful and informative answers. Sorry for not responding earlier but work and all that kept me away.

Juicy Lucy, I appreciate we have saved fuel by not doing the full star, but it is just a shame we cannot save further fuel by a little communication between us and you guys on the ground.

I'm just a sad pilot how is glad of a job at the mo and will do my best to save costs for the company, within the safety margins.

I know the TMA is busy and little time to chat but I still think a controller telling us what his plans are and we could then tailor our profile to suit him/her without cause for too much heart ache. But then when is there a perfect day!?

If holds are introduced I think that would be good. I would rather poodle around in the hold at Vmin drag, than fly AWAY from the airfield with a stonking downwind component at full bore (Vmo) to then be vectored back onto the ILS and spend ages fighting the head wind back! Or is this mind over matter!?

Otherwise keep up the good work guys. Still find LCY a great pleasure to operate to.