PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City - Traffic Flow
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2001, 02:51
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post London City - Traffic Flow

Thought I could be cheaky and ask you ATC guys/gals to answer a question for me.

When operating into LCY I find it quite disheartning to be told at the last minute that we are no4 etc in the queue and that we will be vectored through the centreline to go round the houses. I don't mind this but having screamed down the descent at max speed to try and keep the sector time as short as possible we then waste fuel going round the houses.

I often hear LATCC telling Heathrow/Gatwick/MAnchester etc inbounds that there will be approx delay and if required reduce speed.

Can't London on 118.82 or Thames tell us this so that we can do the same? I hate asking every time because some controllers audible get agitated.

Today we came in at 245 knots (DHC8) to LAM and were then told a bit later as we passed LAM that we were no4 and we would be vectored south of the centreline etc. We then started to slow down to save fuel and help the situation and told ATC. They shat themselves cos something was screaming up our jacksy probably doing max speed as well. Can you not co-ordinate this b4 or am I barking up the wrong tree? Please help me out cos it only requires a quick movement of the throttles and we save £70 pounds in fuel. Thats another pax ticket onboard!