PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - cadet program - SO
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2005, 06:29
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is all very easy for us, sitting at FL410 being fat and ( semi) happy, to say that this is a bad deal and everybody should stay away!

That is wrong! Remember when we where all looking for jobs and nobody wanted us. Just out of flying college with no more then 300hrs....

Hell, If I had an opportunity that is similar to this one back then I would have grabbed it with both hands!

As long as you are aware of the little script on the bottom of the contract I think this is a cracking deal!

So you fly 5 months as an SO for 7000QR/month....At least you are flying! And you are flying a modern airliner! After 5 months max you do an upgrade and you make more money then many captains flying in Europe....again flying a modern airliner!!!!

And yes, you have to stay 5 years unless you have won the lottery, in which case you would not have become a pilot I hope! So what, 5 years means 3500hrs heavy jet. You saved some money and after 5 years you can go and play with the big guys!!!!!

Where exactly is the catch????? Take it guys, this might be a golden opportunity.

I think QR is much better for these unexperienced FOs then for the loads of experienced guys we have just been attrackting overhere!!!
Currently time to command is 8-10 years!!!!!!!!!They have just announced that a maximum of 8 captain upgrades/year will be approved. This together with the rules of min 5000Hr heavy jet and 3 years in the company makes QR a very very unattractive deal to the experienced FO!!! Especially since these rules have been changed 5 times over the last three years and it seems they are only getting worse.

Makes you think, doesnt it?