PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT Cessna 172s...
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2005, 20:31
OneMileHigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just returned from a great 3 weeks at EFT, and I can fully recommend them.

You'll receive an approved 172 checklist when you get there and it is the one on which their course is approved so use it and don't buy one yourself.

The aircraft are well used, so don't expect prestine condition, but they are well maintained. The scheduling of aircraft is well executed, and although there were several days 'weathered off' which caused a backlog of students on the sole Arrow, everyone whilst I was there progressed through the course in the expected time of 3 weeks. Whilst the serviceability of the Arrow may cause a problem, I would hope and expect that they would have the contacts to replace it as and when required.

Accomodation was generally good. The apartments in The Pines, Vero Beach are clean and not cockroach infested, but they are a little sparse on equipment. This doesn't cause too much of a problem as generally if you think you need something, clear it with EFT to buy the required item and they'll refund you. The major gripe may be that you'll not have a TV, or no aerial connection. This would require a good nag at the admin staff who'll then get it sorted as soon as they can, but remember that they are at the mercy of the American civilian workforce, so you may have to wait a bit.

There are enough good things said about EFT to warrant you going ahead and booking your course. You could spend a lot of time sifting all the information about the various schools, but remember, everything you hear here on Pprune is an individual opinion.

Good luck