PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA reply to PPRuNe email re TVL.
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2005, 09:07
Stink Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetA_OK,

"if you have any further info on the topic then I suggest you take it to the investigator who cleared said individual. I can't see how pointing a finger on a public forum makes you any better than the people you are criticising".

Guess you need to ask yourself what is it we are trying to achieve by bringing this, and other, issues up, i am certain i am not supplying info that has not been provided " in house".

I am most certainly am better than these individual, all i am doing in giving those that are looking directions to head in, these individuals did these things, ( plus or minus chinese whispers ) they must be accountable for their actions, as those in the industry are.

Infact many of us here are being judicious enough to ensure we provide very little information, so as to give BB and AC a direction to head in, they will make their own minds up one of two ways, they will look at whats happened and sack to offenders outright or, as CP denies is possible, will see a trend within the TL office.

You might suggest it's a smear campaign, not the case, these things actually happened, eg:

Pinochio, sits in the middle of the bush ( 6 hours drive each way ) waiting for the CYAS mail run to arrive, ramps the pilot ( excellent, just what CASA should be doing ), after the event trumps up an RCA to the operator stating the pilot was not carrying his current medical certificate.

Mr Rum, removes a MR from a Mt Isa based operators aircraft at TL, which was on a charter MA-TL-MA, Mr Rum Removes the MR and heads back to fort fumbles, pilot come back from the terminal and blast off back to MA ( obviously without the MR as Mr Rum has it ), and the TLFO moves to issue the pilot with a RCA for breach of CAR 139.

TLFO, SOP is to issue staff he's not happy with "Personal Show Causes Notices" at 1630 on a friday afternoon when this person ( HC ) is walking out the door to head off the NZ for a two week skiing trip, how much fun do you think this guy had on holidays.

TLFO, has an FOI ( banjo player ) in TL who is well regarded and exceptionally experienced doing pretty much exclusively fire work permits for 9 months.

A bit of a slow day today, only 6 PM's from other ppruners with similar stories to cut and paste, still some pending, that will do for tonight.