PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIBA Procedures - Timely refresher
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2005, 05:24
FabulousBakerBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. Fair enough - I wont blame the controllers themelves - truth is they do a good job, better than the third world service levels of our neighbours.

But honestly, who is running the show? Why the hell is a government department manager getting a bonus anyway? It should not be for profit - it should be for safety.

Surely having a bonus system for some ill conceived 'productivity' increase (by whose measure BTW? Not mine chum!) is just a form of profiteering at the expense of a culture of safety or at least chipping away at the safety infrastructure?

If any of my family are involved in an accident as a result of non-availability of an essential safety service because some chair warmer is boosting his paycheck - and I can in some way prove it - I will engage a pro-bono lawyer and go the lot of them. I don't like the litiguous society, but there are some things they respond to.

To think about 6 months to a year ago we were all arguing about the airspace reforms downgrading C to E - and now we are getting G on the high level airways regularly and nobody seems to care?

Maybe I dished out the third world label a bit too quickly!