PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - D70 NEF Conversion, any recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2005, 21:46
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question D70 NEF Conversion, any recommendations?

Hi,

I noticed from recent discussions that there are a few Nikon D70 users around here, so I wondered if anyone could make a suggestion or two:

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a D70, having used a D100 for a while last year. I used QImage to convert NEF files from the D100, but it doesn't support the D70 format...

From what I understand, if you use PhotoShop CS, it doesn't read certain RAW info, is this correct? Not only that, but my version of PhotoShop (6 - adequate for my tasks) is a bit ancient, and it'll cost to upgrade.

I tried Nikon "Capture" a while back, but it is slow as hell, and was hoping someone here might have a better recommendation?

There are a plethora of patches floating around on the 'web that claim to convert D70 NEF files to TIFFs etc, but the selection is so extensive that I thought it might be better to get advice prior to installing any of these as I'm guessing they will have individual limitations.

The facility I really need is to convert the NEF files into a format PhotoShop 6 supports, such as TIFF and JPG (I realise you can take JPG when you take NEF, but I'd rather just dump the NEFs in, and then convert as and when needed).

Thanks in advance