PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Forum
Thread: NATS Forum
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2001, 05:19
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, PPRuNe Towers has been a busy boy

Fellow ATC people and readers of this Forum, of course it is your right to protest all you wish. Free speech quite welcome on PPRuNe and we had this debate a month or two back. We still intend to push ahead with the NATS Forum as a trial and will review how it has worked after a month or two.

However, in the meantime, the moderator and I will be looking at the issues raised on the private forum and if we feel there is mileage to be raised by airing them outside NATS staff then we will wholeheartedly encourage them to be posted in the main forum.

For NATS specific issues, affecting only people within the company, then please accept our right to discuss them within people who work for the company. The fact you won't get some of the juicy gossip (assuming there is any) is really of no concern to us and not something we feel obliged to provide to those looking on from the outside, I suspect that most topics will still be covered in the main Forum... in fact, exactly as it works for the well established Airline Forums.

If you have any further comment, feel free to email me or the moderator.

Please let me reiterate that for anyone wishing to join the Forum, NONE of your details will be able to link you with your PPRuNe name, nor will we at PPRuNe be able to tell if you have chosen to access the Forums or not. All we will provide to you is the access password. Please respect the fact that this password is not for general use. If it is believed that it has been compromised then it will be changed very quickly.

I appreciate everyone from NATS who joins the Forum ensuring that the anonimity and privacy of any contributors or issues are respected, unless the original poster or subsequent posters wish the issue to be transferred to the public part of PPRuNe.

Many thanks.

For those not in NATS, I fully expect that there will be little dilution, the only thing is that some of the tittle tattle that you may currently enjoy and beat us over the head with will be removed. I can't really get too upset about that.

You may also be interested to know that Non NATS people are also entitled to start their own Forum. Please email myself or PPRuNe Towers for details on how to request this, as well as for details of the annual cost of a private Forum, a fee which goes to help the free provision of PPRuNE and the services it provides.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to some open and frank debate within the NATS Forum.