PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus at FlyBE
Thread: Exodus at FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2005, 11:19
beauport potato man

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Riker....

i was suggesting that those joining from instructing backgrounds, and therefore already have the best part of 1000 hrs (bleed_air for example) could EASILY, in less than 8 months, add the precious "500 jet time" to their total and therefore join..... for example...... Easy as an SFO.

Remember Easy have taken ALOT of people from Flybe already with LESS than 1000 hours..... so when you say "will they be marketable after 8 months on the jet" i would say hell yeah!!!!

Given the choice what would you do? they will easily get 500 hours for their 5 grand this summer - what does that work out at? 10 pounds an hour for their jet time? Against hour building at 100/hr on a warrior? And walk out with a rating AND jet time?

Marketable?.... Yes.

Will they stay and move to the dash?.... No.

Might be proved wrong, but surely these guys are career driven people and wouldn't pass up the opportunity of gaining more jet time (over Q400 time) with someone like Easy?

I've nothing against them doing just that - it's the mess the company has got itself into again that bothers me... and how they continually abuse the loyaly of their existing staff.

Getting off the box now, gotta go to work!!

BPM