PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expats in MAS
Thread: Expats in MAS
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2005, 08:54
Iso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expats in MAS

Let me sound a word of caution to those expats going to MAS. Expect alot of lies and mischievious undertakings to be given to you, if you deal directly with the management there. If you are going in via an employment agency, I would suggest that you would be better off, ie PARC, IAC, RISHWORTHS, and the like. In this way, expect to get paid more and expect some kind of rotational package to get you home on a regular basis but tell them to stick it up their jumpers if they offer you subload EY class (THEY WILL!). They love doing this to expats. If you enter on a local contract, you will be shafted, believe me!

If you think you can build a rapal with these individuals, dont kid yourself, you can't! You can extend your self in training, meeting attendance, and other company projects, but still expect the indignity of being treated as a third class citizen. Yes, there are two classes above you. You will see it in the DCA, and Immigration, and you will see it within MAS - Policies are written and unwritten, expect the unwritten to apply to you as an expat.

There are far better jobs to go. Try and find them if you can, but if you have to go to MAS, treat it as very temporary step in your career in aviation - they will.