PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Training & Employment prospects
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2005, 06:53
rotorboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chances are slim to ahh none.. though a few companys pick the odd low time guy, usually someone they know or who has been hounding them for years... It can be a meat grinder just to talk with the CP.... for example: I am young, hungry, have several thousand hours, mostly utility, mtn, sling, alaska time, astar-500-206L , lic and legal to work in the US /Canada and only in the last 3 months did I get past the secretary/screener at 407D's company, after a couple of years of trying... oh and I tried...and keep trying....

The coast can be a challenging enviroment... steep, ****ty wx, demanding customers who dont want to fly with low time guys, oh and big trees, did I mention bad wx and high winds this time of year... Some of the things you need to be able to do on the coast is not 500 hr guy stuff. I know you got to learn somewhere.

As for the mtn course, what they are looking for is something approved by BC forestry.. Most operators do it in house.

Try some of the other prov or up north in the territorys...

good luck

rb

407D: may do one more contract shift up north before AK... and may drive so I can do a little skiing. Kicking Horse is # one on list for next month... up for having luch with me if your not sucking pastry's at the lodge?

RB