PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UFOs
Thread: UFOs
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2005, 02:02
wrxflame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love a good UFO discussion, although some recent posts are sending this thread South 8-(

I started young with my interest sparked by the following event. Since then I have always had an interest if not active. It's funny how as I get older I just shrug my shoulders and think that I will probably never know and simply adjust to that where as a younger lad I was desperate to understand.

When I was traveling across the Scottish Highlands with my parents (I was 9 at the time) we all saw an unusual light, it was pitch black out there and easy to spot. My dad was in the RAF and thought is was just a helicopter hovering about 100 feet off the ground. Well we watched it for a while and then it started to climb in what I would describe as a step movement (up the along, up the along) and then it shot up at a slight angle and away at an incredible rate to be out of sight in moments!

Well Dad said that was no helicopter...

We all remember it to this day and that was 27 years ago for me.

I'm not saying it was a extraterrestrial craft, I just know of no craft man made that could perform such a maneuver at that speed.....assuming it was something physical that is.

I have asked a few people over the years about unusual sightings and it's interesting home many stories are told when they know I'm not going to ridicule them.

My Father-in-law does not even like watching si-fi stuff and has not time for such weird and wonderful stuff as he says to me "son, can it make me any money?" then I'm not interested. Well that same person told me after a few drinks that he saw something crazy when he woke one evening at around 3am and happened to look out his upstairs window towards the ocean. He said it was a bright blue light that he watched hover over the ocean at about 45 deg then to his amazement it moved a high speed away to the west and was gone over the horizon in moments. Freaked him out. He still won't waste his time with it though.

So there are a couple of little stories that don't prove anything other than some weird stuff goes on in the wonderful world of ours.