PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. Inland Revenue Tax Self Assessment
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 23:39
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to file my form over a month ago with no problems, however I sympathise with those trying now. They (the IR) should know that its going to get congested and set their site up accordingly.

The list given for those likely to get a rebate of any fine is quite specific so I would be careful on how you approach it and make sure you e-mail the IR keeping a copy saying what your problems are and giving any reference you can. Without proof they will just throw it back and not give you any lea-way therefore no rebate.

"...what's the legal position on billing the inland revenue for my time completing their form when thier guidelines suggest I don't need to have a form anyway?...."
Err, you have been sent the form so then you have a legal requirement to complete it and return it within the time specifed. Anyone earning 40% tax livings will eventually get put onto the scheme. If you do this for two years and they see that there isn't a need to complete the form any longer then they will write to you and confirm that you will be sent no more forms, but its your own responsibility to request a form should your circumstances change to be within the limits in the future. I know this through first hand experience, boy I'm happy