PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - all you need to know about MK (threads merged)
Old 30th Jan 2005, 18:21
The Saviour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

So I hear management have decided to reconsider. Do you guys think this is genuine or some sort of delay tactic? Maybe they didnt realise how many guys they were about to lose. As Im told, if they have been saying NO all this time, why would they all of a sudden have a change of heart, something doesnt seem right.
When I was there I believe every pilot tried their best to save money for the company, in terms of delaying configuration, visual approaches whenever possible and not starting engines until the possible last minute. I dont think management realise how much money some of you guys are actually saving by doing that. There was a particular airline in the same situation, where all pilots decided to adhere strictly to SOP, which in turn raised the fuel cost astronomically.
Im not suggesting anyone to do these things, but there are ways to show them what you are doing to run an efficient operation and increase profit.
Would like to hear you thoughts........