PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feb Flyer Proof reader
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 17:31
formationfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who has been involved in what seems to be a stupidly complex process of putting together a magazine will know thet the capacity for cock up is immense. That the number of problems is so low is a credit to those who work in the mags who put all their effort into tracking down the weak links and sorting them (and I know Philip regards accuracy as vital). Despite this effort problems do crop up. One magazine I am aware of simply can not get the euro sign to travel from the editors screen to the printed page. I a recbt article I wrote de Havilland became De Havilland and back again a number of time as the article was touched by up to tthree different hands each prone to changing the previous persons correction. I think it was correct in the end but I dread opening the mag and finding errors in an article I have written. I take the following two weeks explaining to all I know that I really knew how spell the offending word.
I read all three of the UK GA mags and I have to say bar the odd silly mistake they are all generally excellent for accuracy.