PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 11:49
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC (is definatly) NACT (no update only down)

Hi flyers,

Sorry about the late contact, I have been drowning my sorrows.

Topjet; comunicating with administrators was delt with earlier in the thread. But also consider not financially possible re- already in debt and not cost effective. However if there had been a group of general members elected/delegated to assist administrators in managing the process they may well have been party to some relevent information that they could then have shared.

Met office ;- my understanding is the aero club is technically tradeing via the administrators and therfore costs/debts continue to rise re standing charges & leases etc. I assume they will take whatever money comes in from unpaid invoices & new memberships etc. I think the main reason unable to fly is airport debt not paid and credit facility they offered is no longer available for justifiable reasons. I think technically speaking the organisation can not legally operate its activities without the directors/Management in office.

Paying the amount required to the airport (ie, minimum amount to resume flying) was also my first approach but others who were owed money were also involved & were making demands.

However as mentioned above had a delegated members group been operating it may have been possible to pay the airport debt and keep flying with advance payments (airport officer seemed ok On this) while the admin process continued to market the club as a going concirn. JC indicated there were substantial bookings for lessons etc. any income therby reducing the debt.

Current position re the Charitable Trust option. It was given until yesterday to collate finances & finalise terms with the airport.

The one remaining hope was the airport/local authority board meeting.I did not receive any feedback about what happened so I assumed a negative response. If it did manage to get addressed as an additional item the board may have come up with an alternative business solution.

The charitable option initiated by me technically died yesterday, as I was not in a position to complete.

I feel I did all I could to help save my Local Aero Club, which was the oldest in the country. I sincerely hope future owners of its component parts continue the activities & oportunities it provided.

My final suggestion for flyers in the region is that lessons are learnt from this experience to protect the future interests of clubs general members.

Suggestion;- Take action to prevent the same happening to other clubs in the region. Form/support a regional group of the national private flying organisations. Devise a regional development stratagy to support each other & ensure growth for your activities.

Best wishes for the future
Hope 2 fly
Roger & out.