PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 09:42
puddle-jumper2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whispermode,

Don't put words into my mouth, I did NOT say 'bought off' I said influenced - they are 2 completely separate things. I would never accuse the CC of being 'bought off' - indeed I believe they are trying their best for us but I also believe the system is floored and they should get much more help from BALPA than they actually get.
What was meant by 'influence' is 'being steered in the direction the management want' This is the floor in the system, we should not be electing a group of people that are employed by the company and expect them to play hard ball on our behalf.

a) They don't get paid for all their hard work,
b) They face possible retribution from the company - we all know this happens - we just choose to ignore it.

Nil Further - The story of the 737 offer is True - As you say, you don't work for FlyBe anymore so I suggest you talk to someone in FlyBe before you write stuff like -
'as far as i know flybe don't operate the B737 at the mo'
as the 737 course starts in 2 weeks.

80kts both -

-- 4.7% --- What can I say !

Yes the answer is to be united, I just don't think BALPA is the answer.

What would you think if you employed a tradesman to do some work on your house and he turned up and said " now, you mix the cement like this then you build the wall like this. Right I'm off now but if you need any more advise - just call"
Would you still pay him in the hope things improve ?