PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2005, 23:33
80ktsboth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies seem to be in order. I'm a little confused by the letter i received from Balpa today. It seems to indicate that the 4.7% will bring us back to the levels of 2000. At the meeting i attended i was under the impression that we were getting back on level terms to 2005. I apolgise for misleading excrab and others....i don't know what to believe anymore.

Anyone got a definitive answer?

Whatever it is, it's not enough. It seems a disgrace that a jet captain with 15 years of loyalty will earn less than a new easyjet skipper. (Even with the proposed increment increases they will still be several thousand short).

I know that we are constantly linked to Citiexpress for our pay reviews but we don't do what Citiexpress does. We don't do what the rest of the 146 operators do. Surely we are now in the realms of Easy, Ryanair and Bmi baby. Also Citiexpress must look to Flybe's figures when it comes to the annual pay award as we are the biggest operator of 146's (or we were!). Doesn't this mean that when we go (for example) 2% that they go 2% and vice versa...surely something has gotta give?!!!!

CS and Pilot Pete are right....WE DO NEED TO SUPPORT OUR CC'S and tell them what we want. Its not too late! Especially as the company can't meet them until 15th of Feb.

Shanwick: What makes you think that the industry is depressed? I think that that's far from the truth with all the major airlines like Monarch, BA, Ryanair, Britannia and Easyjet recruiting or about to recruit due to expansion.....as is Flybe for that matter!!![

Last edited by 80ktsboth; 29th Jan 2005 at 23:48.