PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol U-Turn
Thread: Bristol U-Turn
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2005, 18:39
fyrefli
The Analog Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bristol U-Turn

EZY 6162 back to Bristol from Schiphol today was, as usual, late due to delays on the previous trip to Prague (I do the round trip 2x a month on average and I can't remember the last time it left on schedule).

No matter, the cap'n has a blinding plan! Fortunately we don't have to taxi all the way out to the Polderbaan so we've made up a bit and in the cruise he reports that we're probably going to make all the time up and that the wind in Bristol is NE 6.

Okay, so we'll be coming in on 09 then. But when we break cloud, we're over the A4 a smidge West of Bath on normal approach to 27.

Arriving at Lulsgate, there's a bit of bounce and swing on landing but nothing that unusual (particularly as I'm in the penultimate row), then we start braking unusually fast and for longer than I expect, coming to an almost complete standstill about 300yds from the end of the runway.

It's at this point I see another EZY flight sitting at the end of the taxiway to the start of 09, waiting to take off. So how's this going to work then? Well, basically we chuck an impressively tiny u-ey on the main runway, trundle briskly back up it in an E direction and off at one of the mid access points.

Most chucklesome Is this standard practice at Bristol? I've never encountered it before.