PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best computer
Thread: Best computer
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2005, 14:06
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys, fair go. the poster has admitted he knows not much about computers, and we finish up with a willy waving contest telling him to build his own.

Redfred as Evo said first up, any modern computer will do everything you want and more, especially if you have no requirement for games. That means the most basic entry level computer will do what you want many times over. So forget the specs, either settle for a Dell or similar (and I've never had any problems with them) or find somebody local to set you up with an entry level computer if you want the personal touch and after sales service.

I speak as somebody not many rungs up the ladder from you in terms of computer knowledge, and I feel that is often a good thing. The genuine experts often get so carried away with what their favourite systems can do they forget they are talking to somebody who just wants the cheapest reliable system they can find.

The internet provider is a separate matter entirely. Nothing to do with what computer you buy. Good luck!