PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez - Flight Training Europe!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2005, 13:28
fastjet2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey - I'm down in Jerez at the moment, with regards to the above reply I will point out that FTE is no longer owned by BAE Systems and is now privately owned.

That being said, you will still occasionally find bottles and glasses loitering the front gates where students on a night out have got out the taxi at the main entrance and placed their glass down on the side whilst trying to find their pass in order to gain access to the campus. Most usually forget they'd put it there within 10 seconds of putting it there anyway.

The ethos of this place is work hard, play hard. Results are very good and the aircraft are beautifully maintained (considering most if not all are ex-Prestwick and are not exactly new, they are immaculate). All of the engineering is done on site by FTE's own engineers (most stayed when BAE left I think). The campus is nice, rooms are air conditioned and spacious and the weather is gorgeous. For the purposes of the IR, you might argue that it's better to have wx that's a bit pants, but when you can't see anything during the flight I think I'd rather have some warm air to step into when I land!

Either way, I've not met anybody down here that doesnt like FTE, me included. Having said that, it's worth noting that FTE is more an integrated school than modular so it's worth phoning them ASAP to find out if they can accommodate you before you continue with more research!

If you come down here, give me a shout - I'll buy you a beer!

Good luck

FJ2k

(PS - Cavorting Cheetah - the bottles outside the gate are one of the main selling points of the school for most of us poor alcoholic students - the arrangement was not a random mess, it was probably a work of art. Shame you couldn't appreciate the skill involved in that kind of thing! )