PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Presidential Helicopter Bid (and Result)
Old 29th Jan 2005, 10:35
CRAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VXX

Nick,

My sincerest condolences about the result of the competition. I have always been an admirer of the S-92, both from a technical and a program standpoint and I am absolutely convinced that it is a better helicopter than the EH101.
I like a number of other contributors believe that Sikorsky has been plopped-on from a great height so that George could say thank you to Tony. In the end it was nothing to do with helicopters, technology, engineering or fitness for purpose (in the broadest sense). It came down to politics.

Hold you head up high though; the S-92 is a fine machine and will dominate the civil and military markets for years to come. In a real competition, without political bias, the S-92 will win hands down, every time and the future will show this. Whatever you do, don’t take it personally. I think the decision for this contract was made a long time ago and nothing anyone at Sikorsky said or did would have made any difference.

Best Wishes,
CRAN

Team US-101,

Well done, I know this certainly couldn't have come at a better time for Westland and Yeovil. Now make hay while the sun shines…

CRAN