PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new day dawns for PPRuNE and AOPA.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2005, 22:41
Kris Lovell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond

Dear Woomera,

Firstly, I thought a response would not be allowed, but am pleasently surprised. Thanks again.

As always, your comments regarding the AOPA forum have some semblence of truth to them and I can agree with you that there seems to be a 'fringe' of pilots, or wannabe pilots who try to destabilise the forums in whatever manner they can. No doubt your experience with this forum would show that. I know of a Association that exists in Australia that always attracts a certain person to attack it, even if the thread rarely involves this Association. So I thank you on behalf of this Association for always maintaining a fair and equal moderation.

I also concur that given your response above, it would be better for AOPA and Prune to no longer associate with one another. I believe that for a moderator to make the following statements;

Almost the entire AOPA board and a small cadre of hard core members or at least the user names behind which they hide
is very misleading. I believe there are two board members who are no longer welcome here. Out of 10, that equates to 20 percent, 1/5 or .20, hardly worthy of "entire"?

But what confuses me most is that here is an anonimous forum, actively promoted as an anonimous forum, and yet when speaking of AOPA you use the term hide? Surely Woomera is not your real name???

But, I must go on...

The general tone of your response is rather negative and certainly not favourable to AOPA as a whole. Why does the association deserve such a bagging from one in power?

where the same sad sacks can say things they couldn’t get
Nasty...

your President has proclaimed that
My President?, proclaimed, Yes the AOPA President stated....

with our own views, their successes so far should speak for themselves
Given the context of the previous threads, I thank you for your support.

That is for their members to conduct on the “closed” AOPA Forum if
If you refer to a closed site as one who must register, then Prune follows this same proceedure. However, your comments are a little late, AOPA now has a section where you no longer require membership.

I dont understand why you personally have such a grudge, but as you stated, I believe that in the interest of fair play, AOPA should no longer be mentioned here.

(I did try to tell this to people who did want to continue the threads elsewhere, thus saving you arduous task of moderating aopa threads, and YOU deleted it.... go figure...)

Thank you again for the opportunity, and thanks to the pilots for the feedback.

So long.

Regards

Kris Lovell
AOPA Director